Saturday, May 20, 2006

Bear Lake

100 miles and 2 laps of racing. CONGRATS TO MARC YAPP THE DUDE FLEW IN AND WON THE BEAR. What a great result.
Wow that was a hard 100 miles. Nothing would stick. I didn't try super glue, but I used a whole role of Duck Tape and damn. At about mile 70 or so a break finally got up the road and never came back. Just 48 seconds at first and then we beat eachother to a PULP and nothing else went up the road. Some riders went back but nothing went up. WIND! 2nd lap was a head wind on all four sides(can't explain it) I have to say that Chuck Collins(ice) ZAN and Gary(autolive) just impressed the heck out of me. They raced there brains out and kept the field rolling fast when no one wanted to pedal. CHUCK just killed it all day. He was the man on the 2nd lap just rolling. He made a small spit and stayed away for a top 10 I think. I laughed as I got dropped rolling to the line. I had nothing left. I left every watt on the course and I can say I haven't raced that hard for long time.