Thursday, April 05, 2007

20 MINUTE EFFORT DAY 1







Does cross training work....



I have to think it sure doesn't hurt if you do it hard enough.

I can't really believe that the stairmaster can cross over this well but damn. I am jumping up and down at the moment(figuratively)




68°F 4500 ft
Indoor 20 MINUTE Effort/TEST ON TRAINER Fluid 2 (330 5.1wkilo)
Most of effort was standing I couldn't sit very comfortably so I rode probably 75% out of saddle.. while in the saddle I sat up like "No hands" i was scared to bend.
Well 84 days off the bike in a TLSO....and here it is. 6 weeks of Elliptical, Stairmaster. All was done low cadence at 150-155 hrate. 8-10 hours a week for 6 weeks. The 6 weeks before that was all pretty much walking and sleeping. I rested the past 2 days so I would have some legs. I had a CTL of 60 on Tuesday and an ATL of 90 TSB of -31
Thursday.
Today I had ATL 56 CTL of 54 and TSB of -10
I was pretty nervous so I was very controlled and held back from
Def con 4. I just road controlled and tried not get sloppy. Don't get me wrong I was pegged... spitting on the SRM.
I started to feel my lack of cycling fitness at minute 12. I could tell I haven't pedaled a bike in 3 months. The legs felt Strong. I struggled with spinning so I just mashed 60-65 cadence.



Super excited. I think it will be 2-3 weeks before I can train but this is a good start.