Friday, December 05, 2008

UCI points and racing NATZ

So I am headed to kansas next week for masters nationals....... This will be my 4th trip to Masters Cyclocross nationals and I have been lucky enough to make it in the Top 10 each year. The field is insanely strong. Looking through the UCI list I noticed:

JACQUES-MAYNES Andy
USA19790922
USA
216 POINTS.....

ranked as the 7th FASTEST American... good enough for a front ROW in the ELITE race... is racing masters also.....damn.... yeah that pretty much says it all. ...maybe its time to start drinking heavily....
OR
This Looks like a good time to restructure the goals. Top 10 is the goal... Top 5 is the SUPER goal... making the PODIUM will take the best day of my life.

The one thing I have learned racing my bike... you have to show up to have a chance.

So Mr. Jac MAYNES...................I will see you in KANSAS.... and in 2009 again.....2010... again.... 2011... probably....

.................. I noticed that Tim Johnson, Jonathon Page, and Todd Wells all are in there early 30's........looks like they can race masters also... It may be the easiest way for PAGE to get the jersey back.... So here is the invitation... if you see PAGE... tell him I will pay for his registration if he races 30-34.... heck I will pay for all 3 of there registrations.... so WELLS and JOHNSON... If you sponsors are hurting and you need the cash... come race 30-34.. I bet you have a great chance of winning form the back row.


Heck the rule is just 30-34.... So I guess it is game on...
I also nocticed that Sven Nys is 32... I wonder if he races masters nationals in Belgium?