Monday, September 27, 2010

Moose Cross this coming weekend







So this coming weekend is MOOSE CROSS. I suggest that most local promoters take a TRIP to VICTOR and learn how real MEN and WOMAN put on a cross race. This is not some local junk show where they take your cash and give you nothing.

This is one of the best cross races of the entire season. This year I have heard rumors that the course will have a real beer garden. http://www.moosecross.com/

They have moved the course to go right next to the LOCAL Brewery. The BEER will be so fresh you will feel like you are in BELGIUM. I remember a few years ago they had a KEG tossing contest after the CX race.
I know the Victor crew has put in a ton of hard work to make this event a "don't miss" event. Last year it was one of the funnest weekends I had racing all season!

The VICTOR CREW takes cycloross to a totally NEW LEVEL. The course is sick. They have built every turn by hand. I am not kidding. They have a permanent cross course. They have a rad DIRT park with HUGE jumps for you to ride after the race.

They have a real AWARDS CEREMONY.... Last year they showed a MOVIE and had a LOG PODIUM in an old theatre in down town Victor. The PRIZES were some of the best I have ever seen.

The MAYOR.... of VICTOR is a cross racer and also owns the local bike shop in Jackson. His last name is FITZGERALD.... I am not kidding.

This is not your normal cross race. This is a race worth every mile of the drive.





If you haven't raced Moose Cross before my advice would be for you to get in the car and start driving right now!