Friday, September 11, 2009

10 days till cross vegas

10 days... if you haven't done your homework I have a feeling you are going to fail the test. For the first time ever I have road fitness for cross. I have always been curious......

DAMN I WANT TO DELETE THIS POST>>>>
BUT I WON'T.

CROSS VEGAS didn't go as expected. I was silly fit and things just didn't roll for me. The entire cross season just went all wrong. UCI cross in North Carolina went great for actually going very bad. I ended up top 10 both days for having bad wrecks early and having to move from 3oth all the way back up. I am proud of those rides. I think CROSS is dead to me. I love it... but am not that great at it. Next year I think I will cross country ski instead. It is still CROSS... and you wear tights.... so it is close. I listed all my junk on EBAY and no one bought it. So maybe I will return... maybe not.....I admire the racers that get results in cross. It is hard to be consistent and get results. The riders that kill it every week are SPECIAL. They have a gift and are to be admired. Every year I try and every year I struggle for most of the season. I want it... but can't get it....I want to be able to turn in the mud....I just can't.... I want to ride up steep hills in the dirt... I just always fall off.... I am not as good as I want to be and that is hard to deal with. Cross is a test... and I am a "c" student. I keep trying for a B or an A...and I just can't get it done. I still love it...I still have mad respect for the people who crush in it...but I might just watch next year.... it is a killer sport... i am just not a killer in it.... I am the prey....